If you like my Blog

If you like my blog you can vote on the right, click to follow me, or be generous & leave a comment. (I love comments)
Thank You
-Ericka

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Way to Go Mom!

In a previous post called "The Crazy Ideas You Get When You're Penny Pinching"
I talked about thinking creatively for times when there isn't enough funds to buy what you need. For example in my situation I ran out of conditioner and the conditioner in Costco's coupon book was out of stock. So instead of buying a different brand at regular price I went home and looked through my travel bag and found a bottle filled with a good amount of conditioner to get us by until Costco got a new shipment.
SO.....when I got this e-mail from Mom this week I was so excited I wanted to share it on my blog.

"I tried to post this on your blog but it wouldn't post.  I just wanted to thank you guys sooo much for your inspiration.  I ran out of contact lens solution and I remembered your blog about being out of shampoo.  I went straight to my travel bag... problem solved.  I don't have to use money I don't have for this month and I'll get by for the next few days.  (Plus I won't buy the extra things I might have also picked up while purchasing my solution.. I have a long way to go).  Keep it up guys!!!

xoxo
Mom

Yay! So proud of you Mom. On this note, Shane and I are still newly married. We don't have every house hold item. I wanted a soap dish and a spoon thing where you rest your spoons while you're cooking. I could have gone to the Goodwill but I took a look around at what I had and I found my old Tea Set. I took this little boat that holds the sugar and the cream to use as a soap dish and I took the cookie plate to use as a spoon dish. I loved to play with that Tea Set as a little girl so everyday when I look at my items, it brings back good memories of my Tea Set.
here are some of our updates:
Our electricity bill last month was a shocking $135.00, this month it went down to $119.00, we're hoping it will continue to go down to under $100.00
I haven't made fresh squeezed orange juice since that last post, I bought $  Simply Orange Juice from the Bottom Dollar.
We've decided to sell the MacMini which is an apple computer the size of a C.D. with the thickness of five stacked on top of each other. We bought it for about $700.00 in January and we're hoping to receive enough money from the sale to buy one of those professional cameras with the lens. Or road bikes.



1 comment:

  1. It is so great that your mom is on board. My mom got inspired by me when I started and became debt free last march. It took her 3 years, but you now has her 3-6 month emergency fund and she bought a new home.

    You guys are going change your family tree

    ReplyDelete