If you like my Blog

If you like my blog you can vote on the right, click to follow me, or be generous & leave a comment. (I love comments)
Thank You
-Ericka

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Starting Over

Ok, so I have already posted two posts about my financial journey on my life blog that I share with my husband Shane so I don't really want to repeat what I've said but I need this blog to have an origin.
So.

I am taking this 13 week Dave Ramsey Course with Shane at the local Christian Church down the street all because of the show Dancing with the Stars. At our last station I was glued to the couch during the day watching anything I thought was interesting and I began liking Dancing with the Stars.
Then when we moved here the Christian church down the street from us had a sign saying, "Free Ballroom Dance lessons" So I drag my willing husband to one of these classes and we meet really cool people who told us that they had a financial class on Wednesday nights about Dave Ramsey.


We knew of Dave Ramsey before the course, Shane had read the book a little bit and coincidently at the same time my sister, Shane's dad, and my brother and sister-in-law were all reading Dave Ramsey. It was so wierd. So we canceled our real estate class we were going to take at the J.C. and signed up for this one.

This is us in class with our fill-in-the-blank work book
We attended the first class and it was really awesome! We got so pumped up about it we really believe that we can build enough wealth to do what ever we want. In the classes we watch DVD's of the seminars that Dave Ramsey does live. We bought the kit that includes our follow-along-as-we-watch-the-dvd-fill-in-the-blanks workbook, one of his books "Financial Peace Revisited", an envelope system book, and audio c.d.s of the seminars. He is really funny in the seminars which makes it easy to sit through it.

We love it and are really gung ho about this new chapter in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. That makes so much cents!! ( that wasn't a typo by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. k, you know what I love about you guys? You are perfect for each other. AND ON YOUR FIRST TRY! hahaha :)

    ~sara

    ReplyDelete