If you like my Blog

If you like my blog you can vote on the right, click to follow me, or be generous & leave a comment. (I love comments)
Thank You
-Ericka

Friday, April 29, 2011

Updates

Last Friday my baby shower went so well. My very good friend and I spent all day making Martha Stewart Cupcakes for the party. We were up to our elbows in batter and dirty dishes.
The shower was beautiful and the games were fun. We played a sherrades game that made us crack up laughing the entire time. I ended up getting the crib yay!! I didn't take too many pictures because my cell phone camera isn't very good quality. I regret selling our digital camera it probably would have been super better. I got a lot of clothes, wipies and newborn size diapers.

Updates on the condo flood. There are no worries because everything is getting taken care of by our insurance company with a $500.00 deductible. The super upside is that last year we canceled our "appliance insurance" ($430.00 x year) we began paying that to ourselves so we have enough saved to cover the deductible, the plumbing bill, and some leftover. We are so glad we learned from Dave Ramsey about what kinds of insurances are stupid and which ones are necessary. This appliance insurance was a hoax! First of all our appliances did not break down enough to get our money's worth and second we had to pay a $50.00 deductible more when we needed the service. What a JOKE! Can you imagine paying these people so that your appliances never break down and they keep your money? Or you can pay yourself and put the money in a mututal fund so you can reap the interest and by the time your dishwasher breaks down there will be enough funds to buy a new one and with cash you have the power to talk the price down.
So far everything has been going smoothly and the pergo flooring is going to be entirely replaced so now we can having matching floors in every single room, yay!

Last wonderful news is we got our car sold! In one of my first blog posts I have a picture of the 1998 Hyundai Accent we purchased used and in cash. This area of Virginia doesn't have a strong transportation system so we needed an extra car when we moved here. We had the car listed for about a month on craigslist and ebay and last week someone bought it! We purchased it at $1600.00 with a couple of problems like a broken strut and cv axels. We got the strut and the brakes fixed then re-listed it for $1600.00. Our first offers were $1100.00, then $1350.00, and this buyer offered us $1500.00 almost all our money back!

This coming Tuesday the packing and moving company is coming to pick up our stuff. Little by little we're getting rid of more items. I found a couple more text books that I sold and in total we got $45.00, then Shane sold a car model toy for $17.00. We're making a couple bucks here and there.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! So glad to hear that things worked out well with your condo and that you didn't end up having to pay out a bunch. Congrats on selling the car and on getting the dream crib. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard any updates from you in a while... hope things are going okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey honey bunches of toast. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I leave a response when I appreciate a post on a
    site or I have something to valuable to contribute to the discussion.
    It is a result of the sincerness communicated in the post I read.

    And on this post "Updates". I was actually excited enough to leave a comment :-) I actually do have some questions for you
    if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it look as if like some of the responses look as if they are coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on additional sites, I'd like to follow
    anything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list all of all your shared sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


    my site; click to read more

    ReplyDelete