If you like my Blog

If you like my blog you can vote on the right, click to follow me, or be generous & leave a comment. (I love comments)
Thank You
-Ericka

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our Electric Bill Went Down

 "You have received an eBill from Dominion Electric for account 0000000000 in the amount of $45.35. This bill is due on 11/09/2010. The due date stated is for your current charges only. If the amount due includes a previous balance, those charges may now be past due. If you pay by automatic bank draft, your payment will be made on your scheduled draft date. Please use the link below to sign in to view your bill for additional information."

Can you believe it???!!! Our electric bill was at $135.00 in August of 2010, then $119.00 in September, and now it is $45.35!!! I am so excited. We didn't suffer too much. We would bump the A.C. lower than 78 degrees when we had guests over. Beside that, we kept the A.C. at a constant 77/78 degrees Fahrenheit, I had the fan following me everywhere. We never turned on the lights in the day. We stuck to the natural sunlight that flowed through my windows. I had stopped using the dishwasher. period! I quit using the dryer except for drying blankets. I somehow found time to hang up the laundry and wash the dishes.
I unplugged everything in the household especially every kitchen appliance. I  unplugged our phone chargers every single minute they weren't charging our phones.
I put a power strip in our entertainment center.


Every single cord from the T.V., the X-box, to the radio was plugged into the power strip. Every time we finished using the entertainment center we turned off the power strip. Yes it re-set our clock on the radio and what not but we didn't care.






As well as the office, every single cord was plugged into the power strip and once we finished printing or using the computer, we turned off the power strip and every time we need to use it we dive under the desk to turn it on. Hey, a $90.00 savings does not make this ritual a hassle to me.

8 comments:

  1. nice!! holy cow, that's a big change, and that bill made it all worth it, i am sure!!!
    i think it's safe to say you two are pure genious'...geniouses?....genious? lol you know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definately gazelle intense. I know that I am not willing to hang my close up to dry.

    Thanks for stoping by my page. If you email me at ifiwerearichgirl11@gmail.com I can send you the HTML code for the progress bars. I also, have some spread sheets for Dave Ramsey's forms if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've motivated me to start unplugging! Anything I can do to lower that bill is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you convinced me. I'm going to work on lowering our electric bill immediately! How awesome is that!:)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is surely inspirational. I am very impressed! I honestly didn't realize that "unplugging" could have such an impact! Makes me think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great!! I am going to start unplugging today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome!! I'm trying *SO* hard to keep my hydro bill down too! Especially with winter here in full force!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That is a HUGE difference! Nice going! My husband and I just started our Total Money Make Over and started a blog to document our progress. So far it hasn't been bad. Having a written budget has made the biggest difference!

    ReplyDelete